The Mission and its activities are the vision of Brig. Partap Singh Ji Jaspal (Retd.), a direct, intimate and lifelong disciple of the Greatest Sikh Saint of all times, Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj. He had the most blessed privilege of having Direct Darshans of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj, of sitting in His congregations and to have been initiated on this path by Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj Himself. Proud son of Baba Narinder Singh Ji, who was himself Babaji's most Beloved Disciple, Brig. Partap Singh Ji Jaspal was also blessed by his father the service and worship of the same Divine body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib which Baba Narinder Singh Ji had unceasingly served and worshipped in his life-time and from which he had realized Lord of his love Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj and the Supreme Divinity Sri Guru Nanak Sahib in flesh and blood. Brig. Partap Singh Ji Jaspal has only one ambition, that to share with the world, the priceless spiritual treasure that he intherited from Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj and his own worshipful father, Baba Narinder Singh Ji. He has been devoting his entire time, energy and effort unceasingly for this cause.
Our missionary activities span a network of websites as listed below:
- a Complete Sikhism Resource
- Tribute to the Supreme Divinity, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- an Exclusive Sikh Videos initiative
- Tribute to Sri Guru Granth Sahib on 300 Saal Guru De Naal established on Tercentenary GurGaddi Diwas of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
- Tribute to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and The Khalsa established on Tercentenary as the Most Befitting Tribute on This Sacred Day of the Khalsa.
- This website was later set up to further spread the Message of Vaisakhi, and to add other valuable internet services.
- a Labor of Love offered to Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj
The Holy Presentations are also shown on the Punjabi TV Channels, Cable Networks in India and are available through Books, Audio and Video Cassettes.
Everything Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj preached was marke d with Purity and total non-involvement of any worldliness. It is only at His Lotus Feet that we tasted the True Bliss of the House of Lord Guru Nanak. Fully aware of our limitations, we aspire to retain the same purity and non-worldliness in all our presentations and works here. You would feel as you go through the text, audio and video a distinct, undiluted bliss and fragrance of the Glorious House of Guru Nanak retained in its pure, original form.
With the grace of Lord Guru Nanak, the Mission has spread beyond all our expectations. Thousands of emails and blessings that we have received from all over the world and continue to receive every day are our most treasured possessions today and our more than deserving rewards.
Our websites have also won numerous rewards and reviews including "Site of the Day" on April 13, 1999 from khoj.com (the no. 1 indian portal at that time) "Best of the Net" from About.com, Editor's choice award from Snap.com, Netscape.com, dmoz.org, reviews from Indiatimes.com. www.babanandsinghsahib.org has won the world's top-rated and also the highest level (level 5+, considered best of the best) award - the Webpix award from Beehive.
Our Videos have become hugely popular and have achieved many milestones. Some highlights:
- Telecast on Sony TV: The special Albums produced by the Mission were telecast on Sony TV on the sacred Centenary of the First Parkash Utsav of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
- Special Screening in Takht: For the first time on the History of the Takht, on the request of the Management of Sachkhand Sri
Hazoor Sahib, Special screening of these Videos was organized there on September 15, 2004 when the Fourth Centenary of Sri
Guru Granth Sahib was celebrated from 14th to 16th September, 2004. It was shown on very large screens in a very large pandal
set up for this specific purpose.
- Telecast in UK: Impressed by our videos showcased on this website, ZEE International, part of the ZEE family had approached
us to show these to their audience in UK. Our Videos were telecast for over 10 months on Zee's UK Punjabi channel (also called
Alpha ETC Punjabi UK) and the viewership and popularity of the channel increased significantly over this period.
- Telecast in USA: Our Programs play all over the USA on the Jus Punjabi TV Channel. They are telecast on Saturday and Sunday
from 5:30pm to 6:00pm (EST - Eastern Time).
- Telecast on ETC Channel, Zee Punjabi: Our programmes have been consistently telecast on these channels on Special Days
like Gurpurabs and Centenary Anniversaries.
No Donations are Accepted
Guru Nanak Data Baksh Lai Mission is blessed to be operating under the Highest of the High Maryada of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj. This Maryada, culture is unique amongst all the known cultures established in Satyug, Treta, Dawapar and Kalyug. Mahan Babaji did not allow the Maya in any form to enter His Holy Place. There has not been a single instance in all the ages, of such a place where sadhus, sanyasis, had not gone for collecting, begging for food or food items from the people or their houses. Surprisingly in the midst of Kali age, Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj established a holy place which, in all aspects, was totally devoid of any influence of any form of Maya. The Mission does not accept any donations in any form and no one is entitled to obtain monetary assistance, favours on behalf of the Mission.